BE PART OF THE STORY
The Heathfield & District Agricultural Society has become a Company Limited by Guarantee and will now be known as Heathfield Agricultural Show.
To mark the occasion, and to celebrate our 75th anniversary show, we are launching a competition to design a creative, innovative and professional logo. The new logo may be used on the Show website, social media sites, business cards, letterhead, posters, souvenir trinkets and gifts, or anywhere else the Show chooses. Please find below the official requirements and rules of the competition.
The logo’s design should reflect the ethos of the Show remembering that the roots of the Show are in agriculture and the rural community, focusing on local produce, products and suppliers of the High Weald area.
The logo must be appropriate for a professional business setting.
How to Enter
- The contest begins on 1st September 2021.
- Closing date: 23.59 hours on 31st October 2021.
- Winners will be announced via our website, social media websites, and by direct contact to the winners’ email accounts. All entries must be submitted by email directly to Secretary@heathfieldshow.org, for consideration and review as an official entry of the Contest.
- Entries must conform to the Ts & Cs set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
- By entering, participants agree to be bound by these contest rules. The Show has the right to disqualify any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
Ts & Cs
- Entries must be submitted on A4 paper.
- For quality reproduction purposes contestants are advised to avoid gradients and half-tones allowing for the image to be scanned and reproduced to a high quality.
- The logo must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes.
- It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2 cm x 2 cm) and large scales.
- The submission email must include: the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the logo, age, postal address, phone number, and email address of the individual submitting the entry.
- No more than 1 entry may be submitted by any one individual or team.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- The winning design will be selected by the Heathfield Agricultural Show (HAS) Council. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
- HAS reserves the right not to select a winner if, at its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- HAS reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to HAS.
- The winner will be notified via email and announced on the HAS’s Facebook page.
Subject to the legal requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced in November 2021. The winning contestant will receive:
A family annual membership to the Heathfield Agricultural Show 2022. This prize remains the same regardless of the size of the team submitting the winning entry. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash and the bragging rights to identify him/herself as the logo designer!
- All Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity
- All Entries will become the sole property of HAS and may be used for any HAS purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other materials.
- HAS shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
- HAS reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in these contest guidelines.
- HAS reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional or business purposes in the future.
- HAS is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
- HAS reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and award the prize by alternate means if fraud or technical failure is determined at any time, including after the submission window has closed.
- HAS is not liable, for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.